Young Justice/Krypton DC Daily Discussion

I know a lot more people watch Young Justice over Krypton, but does anyone else find it weird that a twenty minute episode receives a ten minute discussion whereas a forty minute episode receives about a five minute discussion?

2 Likes

Never tallied the numbers, but that is an interesting observation.

1 Like

I didn’t do a full tally, but observed yesterday’s episode was 24 minutes long. It started off with Young Justice and was interrupted by News, World’s Finest News, and an interview with April Bowlby. After the interview, it was 16 minutes. The panel continued to discuss Young Justice until about the 18 minute mark. This week the number of minutes for both might have been whittled down, but Young Justice receives an almost 2:1 ratio of discussion time, despite a 1:2 episode length.

No, don’t find it odd at all. You can pack as much if not more interesting/intriguing information into 24 min as 48.
Also, Krypton has already aired in SciFy & depending on how many new subscribers DCU has gotten since the YJ break, I can see every reason for DC Daily to give more airtime to a DCU original.

2 Likes

The fact that Young Justice is an original makes sense, but that does not negate my position. I would argue that Krypton’s ten episode season packs more content than an approximate main Arrowverse eighty-three episode season (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow combined).
Also, despite it first airing over a year ago, that logic is reasonable, yet insufficient because shows like Green Lantern: The Animated Series or Batman: The Animated Series received more discussion time, despite them being released longer than Krypton.
Last, most of the panel did not know Krypton aired, so can it be expected that all of us would know?

I think BTAS & especially GLAS have been off the air long enough that some younger members may not have seen them, or seen them I quite a while.

To your plot density point, we weren’t comparing CW to Krypton. CW has a vested interest in plots playing out longer, they are doing 22-23 episodes, not 10.

Also YJ is a DCU exclusive, Krypton was not. Wouldn’t you be more interested in pushing your own brand?

1 Like

Yes but lots of people have been waiting years for young justice season 3 and its finely here and tons of people only bought the app for YJ3 (myself originally included)

1 Like