Young Justice: Outsiders (DC Universe Exclusive) (2018-) #1

Young Justice: Outsiders (DC Universe Exclusive) (2018-) #1

Great read. Cannot wait to read Chapter 2 and start watching the new season.

5 Likes

Loved it! Can’t wait to read more!

5 Likes

Great first issue back. Almost like you never left. Now if you can bring Gl:TAS back, that would be perfect.

3 Likes

How often is this going to update?

DC should do an ongoing comic again. It would be a great way of keeping people signed up between the long wait of the first and second halves of the Young Justice season three episodes.

5 Likes

Loving seeing Barbara as team leader. Batgirl is incredibly underutilized. I really enjoy her character in the Young Justice universe. I’m not a huge fan of Superboy and Miss Martian as a couple, but I do like their friendship. Beast Boy and Miss Martian as siblings is precious! The Warner Bros. logo Easter egg is great along with the names of the Young Justice creators making a somewhat appearance for the “Hello, Megan!” segment .

6 Likes

Feels so great to be reading these again!!! So happy to have these back!!!

1 Like

Already quite cute. But I can’t help but really wish that Conner and M’gann do not get back together. Season 1 it was a cute ship but Season 2 ruined it for me.

6 Likes

Very curious how this provides insight in the time between Season 2 and Season 3 or any character development for our heroes. The Young Justice tie-in comics have always been fun to read so this definitely feels like it is picking up right back up without missing a beat.

Everytime I try to download this it says Error, but I can download other comics somehow. Please help!

Everytime I try to download this it says Error, but I can download other comics somehow. Please help!

2 Likes

We only get 2 chapters but they are good so far

2 Likes

SO happy to see this comic again, with the absolutely spot-on artwork of Chris Jones! I love getting it as a DC Universe exclusive but I do hope it will end up collected in print eventually as well. I always enjoy anything with M’Gann’s backstory and this seems particularly appropriate. I’m torn between wanting to see her patch it up with Superboy and wanting to see him get together with Cassie (Wonder Girl) Sandsmark. That was a great part of the Superboy storyline in the comics. Keeping this in the YG continuity with the series has always been a great way to fill in the backstories and cool side plots that’s just can’t be fit in to the TV episodes themselves. I will look forward to seeing this comic every Wednesday here on DCUniverse, and I hope it will continue between seasons, perhaps even going back into YG early-seasons continuity or telling off-screen side stories of YG characters or even Leaguers, villains etc. within that continuity. (How about an Icon/Rocket story, a Ted Kord Blue Beetle tale, or something featuring interesting minor characters who we see too little of in the animated series itself. YG as a comic need not be a single narrative. Feel free to do short two or three installment pieces in between the longer narratives, as many of the DC weekly digital-only comics have done in the past. That would be a great way to get more of the YG version of the DCU (which in my opinion rivals the Timm DCAU as the BEST version of the DCU overall)!
Am I one happy fanboy? You’d better believe it!

3 Likes

Can’t wait for more!

1 Like

They got Superboy’s designation wrong, he’s B04 not B05

3 Likes

Having an issue via iPhone app to download comment when it gives the response “Error”. Via the web when I click Read Comic it becomes unresponsive.

1 Like

Holy! I did not know that the new YJ comics would be released starting now. Exclusively here. Yay!!! Such a lovely surprise!

Holy! I did not know that the new YJ comics would be released starting now. Exclusively here. Yay!!! Such a lovely surprise!

1 Like

Well the cover art definitely makes sense now…on another note…WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SUPERMARTIAN BABIES??? DAMN IT CONNER!

1 Like