Young Justice: What happened to Dick during the time jump?

Was Dick Grayson an agent of Spyral during the two year gap of seasons 2 and 3 of Young Justice? During the 2nd episodes YJO, Superboy and Lightening Can be seen throwing cameras in the underground facilities of the hospital. The view switches to the perspective of the cameras and we can see both Lightening and Superboy, but their faces are swirls, similar to that shown and described in the Grayson comics. Is this simply an Easter egg or is this a reference to what Dick has been doing for the past two years of his life? I’m fairly new to comics so I could be making connections that aren’t exactly there… I just wanted to see if anyone else saw this similarity or if there is a better explanation!

The Spiral thing was my first thought too. The problem with the time jumps between seasons is that it feels like we are missing episodes that aren’t there. That so far has mostly been rushed over in explanation, if explained at all.

Like we didn’t see Dick become Nightwing, Aqualad become Aquaman, what lead to Miss Martain to decide to change her appearance, Roy and Jade’s Marraige where she supposedly went good for a while, Jason as Robin before he died, Tim/Spoiler/13/Arrowette/Orphan joining the team (So far). Last season we barely got an explanation on SuperMartian’s break up and Beast Boy losing his mom. I would like to see how Roy became Will and sobered up for Lian while Jade decided to ran off. Or how Artemis is really handling life after Wally’s death (aside from taking care of her dog and niece.

1 Like

Hey there, @liz.khalifa, just noting I’ve moved this over from the “Suggestion Box” to the “TV, Film & Games” section of the forums, where it’s better suited :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel like the Sypral tech was just a nod to the comics, young justice likes to take on more secretive/spy themes and so the use of that technology makes since and is a useful device in this show, but I dont think that within the young justice universe he was with Spyral, he COULD have been but I just dont see it. It was only a two year jump, so I think that he just went off on his own and did his own independent thing, and later on working with Oracle, but not with Spyral, it just seems like too short of a time to get in and then leave Spyral.

1 Like